A very staple gujarati dish - liked by one and all. Khichu or પાપડી નો લોટ is a simple yet flavorful dish. It's prepared differently in every household but I am sharing with you the simplest and quickest way to make it using a microwave oven.
- 2 cup rice flour
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp cooking soda
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 chopped green chili
- salt to taste
- Add rice flour, water, cumin seeds, salt, cooking soda and green chili in a microwave safe bowl. Mix together well so that no lumps are formed.
- Cover it with a lid and microwave it for 2 minutes at high power.
- Take it out, mix thoroughly and microwave it again for 2 minutes with the lid covered.
- It's almost ready now. Mix again and microwave it for 1 minute with the lid covered.
- Top it with oil (groundnut oil is preferred) and serve it hot!