Are you a pickle lover ?. You have a mango at home , dont know what to do with it or you want to make something different and fresh , than try this recipe and i am sure you are going to love this.
South Indian pickle/chutney my way !
- Raw mango - grated ...... 1 cup ( I used it with skin, you can remove the skin if you like)
- Chili powder ...... 4 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder ..... 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds .... 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida .... 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds ..... 1/2 Tsp ( you can dry roast it and use it as a powder , I like to use it whole)
- Sesame oil / Gingerly Oil ...... 1/4 cup
- Wash the mangoes and let it dry, Grate the mangoes or you can even grind it in a blender on pulse setting.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida (hing), when the mustard seeds starts to splutter, add the fenugreek seeds and immediately add the grated mango. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Cook on low heat till the the mixture leaves oil on the sides. Turn off the heat.
- When the mixture is cooled down, your pickle is ready to eat. You can also store it in a airtight container in a fridge.