Perfect for a cold winter night. Make this thick, delicious soup without adding any cream or cornflour!
- 400 gm tomato puree
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- In a deep pan, add the oil and chopped garlic. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and cook till they are soft.
- Add the tomato puree along with chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper and oregano. Cover the pan with the lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable stock and cook with the lid covered for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Now add the boiled macaroni and mix well. Turn off the heat
- Ladle the thick soup in a bowl. Garnish with a dollop of butter, chili flakes and oregano. Serve hot!