Thick sev called lakkadiya or ganthiya in Gujarati. It is a very popular snack and you are sure to find large containers full of ganthiya in every Gujarati household. I remember my mummy making it fresh and serving us when we come back from school. The best part about this sev is that it can be used so many ways in cooking, One can even make a subzi (curry) with it.
Today I thought of making a Raita with it and gave a bit of twist by adding tempering. I remember my grandma used to make Vagharelu Dahi (curd with tempering). Using her recipe here with little bit of twist ..Enjoy !!
Cooking time : 5 Minutes
Serves : 2
Serves : 2
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1/2 cup Thick Sev ( I have used Haldiram brand)
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds or mustard seeds
- a few curry leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together curd, salt and chat masala powder. Remember that the Sev already has spices, so do not add too much salt or masala.
- Once its mixed well, add tempering of cumin seeds or mustard seeds and curry leaves. ( You can use either mustard seeds or cumin seeds, I have used cumin seeds here.)
- Just before serving, add thick sev to the raita, so while eating you will enjoy the crunch of the sev.
- Serve chilled.