Love beetroot? Hate beetroot? But I am sure you'll love this recipe regardless :)
- 1 large potato, boiled and grated
- 1 medium sized beetroot, boiled and grated
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- salt to taste
- Grated cheese for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix together potato, beetroot, crushed garlic, green chilies, garam masala, dried mango powder, salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Now pour the tempering of cumin seeds and asafoetida over it. Mix well.
- At this stage, start adding rice flour till the mixture binds enough to form patties. Check seasoning and adjust if required.
- Keep it covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Make small patties and shallow fry them.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and serve hot! Goes well with Green Chutney.