Here is a simple muffin recipe to brighten your holidays. If you are craving something sweet, you can make this homemade special muffins in no time.
- 1 cup ........... plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup ........ chocolate chips (grate a chocolate bar if you don't have these)
- 1/2 cup ........ dried cranberries, chopped (replace with prunes, blueberries or fruit of your choice)
- 4 tbsp ........... melted cooking butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp .......... baking powder
- a pinch ......... soda bicarb
- few drops .... vanilla essence
- 8 tbsp ........... condensed milk
- sprinkles as required
- In a bowl, add the condensed milk, chopped fruit, chocolate chips, butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Take a sieve and pass the flour on to the mixture. Add the soda bicarb and baking powder.
- Mix gently till a nice thick batter is formed.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to make the batter pourable.
- Take a Muffin mould and grease it with some melted butter. Dust some flour over the mould to make sure the muffins come out easily.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of mixture onto the moulds. Top it with some sprinkles to give it a nice festive color.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200 C.
- Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, your muffins are ready!