Do you have some leftover rice at home? Dont wait and try this yummy snack. Generally we use gram flour for this item, but I have used wheat flour here to make it a more healthy choice.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1.5 cup wheat flour
- 1 green chili, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- Pinch of cooking soda
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup curds (sour curd preferred)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Mix rice, flour, green chili, ginger garlic paste, salt, 1 tsp oil, sugar ,cooking soda,turmeric powder and curds.
- Knead this mixture and make a nice soft dough out of this. Use water if required.
- We have to steam this dough. You can use a vegetable steamer or a dhokla-maker vessel.
- Grease the steamer, roll the dough with your hands to form cylindrical dumplings.
- Steam the dumplings for 15 minutes.
- To check if the dumplings are cooked, put a fork through it.
- If the fork comes out clean, the dumplings are cooked.
- Take them out on a plate and let them cool. Once cooled, cut them into small pieces.
For the garnish:
- Take the remaining 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds, sesame seeds and hing.
- When the seeds start to crackle , add the cut dumplings.
- Mix well and sprinkle the garam masala.
- Ready to serve.