- 2 cups Puffed rice ( murmura/mamra)
- 1 green chili, slit lengthwise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of hing
- juice of half lemon
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- pinch of garam masala
- salt to taste
- few coriander leaves
- Soak the puffed rice in water for 2 mins . Make sure you are not soaking it for a long time , otherwise it will become soggy. Squeeze the water and keep it aside.
- Add red chili powder, salt , lemon juice to the soaked puffed rice.
- mix it well
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds, hing , green chili and once seeds crackle , add chopped onions.
- once the onions are light brown in color , add the puffed rice and garam masala powder
- Mix and stir it for 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve :)
Sprinkle coriander leaves for garnishing. Can also be served with coconut chutney !