A very different blend of spices with healthy green veggies. Enjoy this dish and let me know how it turns out...
- 1 cup boiled flat beans/avarekai/papdi/lima beans
- 1 small capsicum ( bell pepper ) , finely cubed
- 3 small tomatoes, diced.
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red mirch powder
- pinch of hing
To be ground into a paste
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp soaked beaten rice flakes (poha)
- 5 peppercorns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 cloves
Add a little water and make a paste from the above ingredients
- Heat oil in a pan. Add hing.
- Add the ginger garlic paste. Now add the ground paste.
- Cook it thoroughly till it leaves oil.
- Add the tomatoes, capsicum, beans, kashmiri red mirch powder and salt.
- Add 1 cup water and cook it with lid covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure the beans are tender. Turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve.
Serve with parathas or roti.
You can add any other vegetables you like.