Enjoy this yummy raw mango curry/subzi this summer. Add this to steamed rice for a nice mango rice!
- 1 large raw mango, cut into small pieces ( I prefer to use totapuri which is a little less sour )
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- few coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 8-10 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves
- When the seeds start to crackle, add cut mango pieces
- Now add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, jaggery and salt
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Cook it on a low flame with the lid covered
- Cook till the mangoes are tender and you get a nice thick gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Can be served with rotis or puris.
Add more or less water as per your requirement to make a gravy. You can adjust the amount of sweetness or spiciness as per your taste.