This is an easy pakoda recipe from my mom-in-law, with a little twist of my own. A great snack for a rainy evening.
- 1 large potato, cut into very small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 capsicum, chopped finely
- few florets of cauliflower, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp carrom seeds ( ajwain )
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds ( til )
- 1 tsp hot oil
- pinch of cooking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Take 1 bowl. Add all the cut vegetables and chili.
- Add ginger paste, sesame seeds, red chilli powder, chat masala, 1 tsp hot oil, carrom seeds, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Add the gram flour and required amount of water to make thick gravy-like batter. Add the cooking soda and mix well.
- Deep fry the pakoda in hot oil.
- Ready to serve
Serve with chutney or ketchup.
You can add any other vegetables of your choice to the pakoda to suit your taste.