Many of you on facebook guessed it was a corn recipe from the picture. I agree it looked like that, but it's a different surprise for you. Hope you like it.
Last week, one evening I was thinking what to make for dinner. So I checked the fridge and found brijal, capsicums and tomatoes. So decided to experiment and came up with this unique recipe. It turned out so yummy that I had to share with you all. Tell me how you like it.
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dried red chilies
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup of chana dal soaked in water for an hour
- 2 small green brinjals cut into small pieces
- 1 small small capsicum cut into small pieces
- one medium sized tomato cut into small pieces
- handful of spinach leaves cut finely ( do not blanch)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp aamchur powder
- water as required
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves, turmeric powder, bay leaf and dried red chilli.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add soaked chana dal, tomatoes and a little water.
- Cook with the lid covered for a few minutes till chana dal is tender.
- Now add the brijal,capsicum and the spinach leaves.
- Add the garam masala powder, aamchur powder and salt to taste.
- Add a little water and cook it with the lid covered.
- Once the brijal softens and the subji starts to leave oil, it is ready.
- Ready to serve.
Goes very well with parathas.
You can add any other green leafy vegetables if spinach is not available.