This is my hubby's all time favorite. The pineapple adds a nice favor to this classic dish.
1 cup macaroni
2 tbsp butter
1.5 cups milk
3 tsp maida ( all purpose flour )
2 slices of canned pineapple, cut into small pieces
2 cubes of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Boil the macaroni as per packet instructions and set it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan on low flame. Once the butter melts, add the flour.
- Keep stirring as you add the flour and mix well.
- When the mixture turns slightly golden brown, add the milk. Make sure you keep stirring it so no lumps are formed.
- Once the mixture thickens, turn off the heat and set it aside. The sauce is ready.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter. Add the macaroni.
- Pour the sauce over it as shown in the picture below.
- Add the pineapple and mix all the ingredients well.
- Top it up with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake it for 15-20 minutes till the cheese turns slightly golden.
- Ready to serve.
Serve hot with ketchup
You do not need to add salt to this dish as the butter will have salt already. You may add some salt to the sauce if needed.