- 2 cups sprouted math ( mooth lentil )
- chopped red / green chilli
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of hing
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Soak the math overnight and sprout them.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, chillies and hing.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the garlic paste. Stir for a minute.
- Now add turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the sprouts.
- Add salt and cook covered on a low flame.
- When the math grains are soft, turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve.
Can be served with rice or chapatis.
- I have added 2 cups of water for 2 cups of math because I wanted it to have a little gravy. If you want it dry, add less water.
- Some people like to add onion alse. For that, add it before adding the garlic paste and cook it till golden brown and follow the same procedure.
- You can use 'goda masala' - a maharashtrian speciality - instead of garam masala for a different taste.