This recipe is for all those who have been asking me to share a recipe using available instant mixes. Though the instant mix packet comes with its own recipe, here is my time tested twist on that recipe which makes soft and yummy dhoklas like no other.. enjoy!
Instant gits khaman dhokla packet
2 dry red chilies / chili flakes
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
pinch of hing
few curry leaves
bunch of coriander leaves
- I have used GITS ready to make dhokla packet
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl according to the instructions given on the packet
- Pour the mixture in a oil greased thali and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and chili flakes
- Put the thali in a dhokla maker and steam it for 10 to 15 mins
- Do not cut them into pieces yet.
- Heat oil in a small pan , add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves, dry red chili and sesame seeds.
- When seeds crackles , pour the oil onto dhokla pieces.
Serve with green chutney
- You can mix some chopped vegetables in a mixture and steam it .