2 carrots diced
1 medium sized tomato cut
1 big potato cut into small pieces
cauliflower cut into small pieces
1/2 cup green beans cut into small pieces
1 large onion cut into small pieces
1/2 cut green peas ( frozen also can be used)
Few curry leaves
small piece of ginger grated
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp oil to cook
Masala's to be ground :
1 bay leaf
4 dried red chilies
3 or 4 pepper corns
1 cinnamon stick
fresh coconut cut into pieces
salt to taste
- Mix bay leaf, dried red chilies , pepper corns, cloves , cinnamon stick , coconut pieces , grated ginger , salt and little water in a blender and blend it like a paste .
- Now cook all the cut vegetables except onion till they are soft.
- Heat oil in a kadai , Add small cut onions and when they are little pink add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves .wait till onion leaves oil and brown .
- Now Add the ground thick paste and one cup of water
- Add all the cooked vegetables , add garam masala powder , cut tomato and cook with the lid covered for 15 mins on a low flame. (You can check salt here and add more if required)
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rotis, puri or rice.
- When you are cooking vegetables in a gravy add more water if required.
- You can also use Desiccated coconut powder instead of fresh coconut. i like using fresh coconut as it gives very nice flavor.