Sev Tomato curry( gujarati style)
1 cup sev
3 medium sized tomatoes
1 onion cut
1/2 tsp ginger grated
1 green chili
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin(jeera) seeds
pinch of hing
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
2 tsp oil to cook
- Heat oil in a kadai
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing and green chili
- Now add small cut onion and grated ginger.
- When the onion turns a little brown and oil starts separating , add small cut tomatoes
- Now add garam masala powder, jeera(cumin) powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste
- Add 1 cup of water and cook with lid covered for 10 mins
- Once done like a gravy , add the Sev and serve hot.
Serve with parathas or phulkas
Tip:You can add 1/2 tsp sugar if you feel that the taste of curry is very sour ( because of the tomatoes )
Add sev before 5 mins of serving time to prevent it from becoming very soggy.