8-10 medium sized red chillies
1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
1 tsp dhania powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
pinch of hing
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
- Cut the chillies into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and hing.
- Once the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the red chillies.
- Cook on low flame till chillies are cooked. Add half of dhania powder, turmeric powder, half of chilli powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix rest of dhania powder, chilli powder and all of besan.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the chillies and mix well.
- Add sugar and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve
Serve with phulkas or parathas. Also goes well with gujarati kadhi.
Don't add any water to this preparation.
This dish can be prepared with green,yellow and red capsicum (bell peppers) also.