3 medium size tomatoes
1 bunch methi (fenugreek)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
pinch of hing
1 green chilli
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp dhaniya jeera powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, hing and slit green chilli.
- When mustard seeds start crackling, add tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are soft, add methi leaves.
- Add the spices and some water.
- Cook it with the lid covered for 10 minutes or till desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Goes well with parathas. Can be used as a chutney also.
Tip:To overcome the bitterness of methi, you can soak it in slat water for 15-20 minutes prior to cooking.