1 cup double beans (soaked over night and boiled)
2 tsp jaggery
3 tsp tamarind juice
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 green chilies
1 red button chili
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
pinch of hing
1 piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Heat oil in a kadhai
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, pinch of hing,button red chili,bay leaf,cloves and cinnamon
- When seeds start cracking , add ginger garlic paste
- Stir it for a while and add boiled double beans and green chilies
- Add jaggery, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and tamarind juice.
- Add salt to taste and add some water
- Cook with lid covered for 20 to 25 minutes
- Ready to serve
This dish goes well with gujarati kadhi.
- You can alter the taste of tamarind and jaggery according to your liking.
- Mash a few of double beans so that gives you a thick gravy.
- Pressure cook the beans till its soft. ( double beans usually take little longer to cook)