rice 1 cup
2 green chilies
1 small tomato
1 tsp Finely chopped coriander leaves
1 small potato
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 jeera( cumin) seeds
pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 small onion
1/2 kasuri methi (dired fenugreek )
1/2 tsp curd
1 tsp garam massala powder
salt to taste
- heat oil directly in a pressure cooker
- put mustard, cumin seeds ,pinch of hing and cut green chillies
- when mustard starts cracking , add small cut onion.
- once the onion is little light brown, add finely chopped coriander leaves, kasuri methi and stir for 3 minutes
- add sliced potato, curd and chopped tomato.
- now add rice, bring it to boil
- add garam massala powder and salt to taste
- pressure cook it till 4 to 5 whistles depending on the size and the type of the cooker. ( you can microwave it for 15 to 20 minutes)
- Garnish with fried curry leaves
Serving Suggestions:serve hot with kadi or pachdi
more vegetables also can be added.