4 medium potatoes
4 medium tomatoes
2 tbs coriander seeds
1 tbs cumin seeds
1 tbs sesame seeds
3 green chillies
4 cloves garlic
1 small ginger
1 bunch coriander leaves
salt to taste
water as required
To Grind dry massala:
dry roast cumin,coriander and sesame seeds . allow it to cool and grind
To grind the paste:
blend garlic green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger and water salt to a paste
- Slit the tomatoes from a top to form a cross ( this will help in peeling the skin ) and put it to boil.
- once boiled, peel the tomatoes and grind into fine puree
- Boil and peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadai , add small cut onions
- once the onion turns little brown, add the tomato puree and cook for 3 or 4 minutes on low heat.
- add coriander paste and saute for some time. when oil starts spreading , add potatoes and ground dry masala powder and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
Server Hot with Puri or Rice