Palak Paneer is a delicious Panjabi recipe coming straight from my kitchen...
lovely garden green color vegetable rich with cream. enjoy !
Ingredients : Palak (Spinach) one large bunch/ or small 2 bunches
2 tsp ghee/butter
4 sliced ginger
2 packs paneer ( cubes)
1 tsp cream or malai (optional)
1 small onion
salt to taste
1 tsp green chili sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
Method of making palak pulp:
boil 2 cups of water with salt and add palak to it.
once its boiled , take the palak out of the boiling water and soak it immediately in a cold water
. and grind the palak with little water to make a pulp.
Soaking palak into a cold water once its boiled , helps to maintain palak its original green color.
* Heat ghee or butter in a pan
* add chopped onion and cook till its little brown
* add sliced ginger and palak pulp, cook for 5 minutes
* add cream or malai
* add paneer cubes and again cook for 5 to 7 minutes
* add salt to taste
* add green chili sauce and lemon juice.
* cover the pan and cook it for 5 minutes
Ready to serve. Suggestions : Have this dish with butter parathas or jeera rice enjoy !